The adorable Sessions family visited us over the New Years holiday. We were hoping that our fantastic warm weather would persuade them they needed to make a move to the land of perpetual summer. However, THE VERY DAY they arrived, the temps fell from highs of 78 to highs of 55, then 52 then 48.That means the lows were below freezing. It was horrible and I was so disappointed that Arizona couldn't cooperate! I can't tell you how many natives claimed to me: "This never happens here!" or "It never drops below freezing!" Yeah, whatever. Regardless of the thermometer, it warmed our hearts to be with dear friends.
We took in the lights at the temple...so pretty! (Notice the scarves, coats and hats!)
After the freezing walking tour, we went to the makeshift hot cocoa stand across the street where the homeowners made $52,000 that week due to the cold weather.
Sunday afternoon Lily drew for hours on the IPad, which was lucky for her daddy because he was on "kid duty."
This is Sterling on "kid duty."
Cold or not, the kids hit the hot tub daily.
And here is a hike up the San Tan Mountains. Not posted is the picture Mitch took of Sterling that involved a cactus. Remember his filter was broken.

3 comments:
Man, I wish I was somewhere I could be in a pool.
I just did a lot of Rhoads family catching up! We had so much fun! True, warmer would have been better :) but we were happy to be there! I might copy this whole post and put it on my blog!
Great photos! Looks like you all make the best of the weather:)
Post a Comment