Monday, January 24, 2011

A Tiny Huge Miracle

This is Judd Bryan, Tommy and Annie's new addition. After a long and turbulent wait for a child, the Bryans picked up their new baby the beginning of this month! (See their profile button "Hoping to Adopt" on the right of my blog.) I was in my car running errands when I got a text from Annie telling me they were driving home through the mountains with their brand new baby. Even though people who saw me must have thought I was smoking something, I just couldn't stop smiling. It is such joyful news. We are so happy for them all!

This is the miracle of adoption. It is truly amazing that there are birthmothers (just 1% of all unmarried pregnant girls) who can see beyond their own selfish desires to give their child a mommy and daddy and a blessed family! My deepest gratitude and respect goes out to all birthmothers.

Congratulations Tommy, Annie, Graham and Judd! This brings back such sweet memories of our babies and their miraculous arrivals in our home.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yay! That's so exciting.

Kiffon said...

That is a miracle! I know they have been waiting for this little baby for quite some time. YAY!