Friday, November 6, 2009

I Love Laundry!

Well, I don't really love doing laundry, but it is a lot more pleasant now that my laundry room construction is FINALLY FINI! I have been extremely patient over the last four years and haven't complained about the half finished room, dirt, dust, exposed 2x4's, falling insulation, lack of storage, etc. Really, I do understand that my sexy carpenter has a full-time job. And a slight golf addiction. But I am so grateful that my carpenter has such skill and can seriously build anything. He amazes me! And his rates are usually quite reasonable. Check out his mad skill:
These are the lockers he built for our kiddos. And a big one for me in the middle.

The lockers have large drawers below them.

Intricate crown moulding. Fine aged bronze hardware.

The slate floor.

The room is now decorated with the kids' artwork.

The bright colors add cheer to multiple loads of laundry.

In/out door and closet.

Have you noticed how clean our clothes are now? I highly recommend the Samsung Steam edition washer and dryer.

Mitch wants to add a back splash behind the counters and appliances. It could be really nice. But only with a promise it will be completed in one day.


Thank you, Mitch, for all of the beautiful things you have built for our home over the years. They are definitely worth the wait! I love you and your miter saw too!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It looks like a spa! Holy cow!

Kiffon said...

It's beautiful! I love the lockers. I think I would actually enjoy doing laundry in a laundry room like that. Does Mitch want to come and do a laundry room remodel at my house? ;)

ryerye said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! I know how long you have been waiting. They look beautiful. You'll appreciate them all the more now! You have decorated it so cute as well. YEAH for laundry!

ryerye said...

THat was Becca not RYe rye

sterlingandbrandi said...

It really does look so great! I'm just having a hard time getting over my covetousness to compliment you sincerely. Unfortunately - I don't think I'd ever enjoy laundry even if my husband gave me the king of all laundry rooms too.

SummerV said...

I wouldn't mind doing laundry in a room like that either. It's beautiful!

Melissa said...

That is the nicest laundry room I have ever seen. If you gotta do the laundry, you might as well do it in a nice environment!

JKLCP said...

Love it! Wow-- Mitch is pretty amazing! So impressed!

Kristina P. said...

Hey, Pam! Just wanted to pop in and see how you are doing. You've been MIA!