Friday, September 24, 2010

Growing Up

"We've had bad luck with children; they've all grown up." - Christopher Morley

First day of Elementary School:

First day of High School:

This is Emmie and Amanda's first day of school at Perry High: It is Emmie's first day of High School (a big moment for her) and Amanda's first day of her Junior Year. I seriously can not believe they have grown up so fast!

They were so brave to head off into uncharted territory (a new school in a new state and all new faces) and didn't act nervous at all. (I felt pretty stressed out for them, and was really glad I didn't have to do it). The official first day of school we registered them (listing the hotel as our home address) and got their new schedules, but it just didn't feel right leaving them there that day. So we went out to lunch and got pedis and then called the second day of school The First Day.

Aren't they beautiful? My little baby girls are growing up!

2 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...

Wow! I have seriously not checked blogs in forever!! They are such beautiful great girls! Even though I have seen both of them today, I still miss them!

*lorelei* said...

miss you guys :(

lori