Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cake Pops!

Following Brandi's suggestion, in November I went on Bakerella's blog and got a delicious recipe for pumpkin pie tarts. While browsing the blog, Emmie came across Ella's specialty: Cake Pops! We immediately tried them out for Cami's baby shower (Kody's wife). They were delicious and beautiful.

And were a huge hit!

So all in all, we've made them for a baby shower (pink and brown), a wedding reception (white and pink), a teenage hangout party (pastels), Max's birthday at school (bright colors), The Blue & Gold Cub Banquet (you got it, blue and gold), and Christmas (Snowmen - that was Mitch's idea. Good one, Mitch!)

I've tweaked Ella's recipe a bit. I find that the best way to make them is with a yellow cake mix and add several tablespoons of cocoa. They taste better with chocolate in the middle, are very moist, and stay together a lot better than other flavors. (I've used white cake mix, strawberry, red velvet and chocolate and I promise they just don't work as well).










You really should check out all of the cute ones Ella has done:
http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those are so cute! I make these Oreo truffles that are similar.

Kristina P. said...

Oh, and thanks again for the donation and the button! I really appreciated all your support.

Anonymous said...

What can I say your amazing and crafty! All of the cake balls look so cute. Love you guys.

Kiffon said...

I LOVE cake pops. I can't make them too often because I will eat them all! By myself! Loved the snowmen ones you made at Christmas. Adorable!